One of our clients in the services industry were looking to replace an outdated job tracking system. The tyre retreading company has been trading for two decades. They were unaware the research and development (R&D) work they were carrying out would qualify for R&D Tax Credits until Amas stepped in.
Our client operated a 50 year old paper job-card system. This system required a physical copy to be used and stored for 10 years to allow traceability. This method was labour and storage intensive. The client had longed for a paperless, fully digital and simple to use system which would allow improved stock tracking, raw material costing, labour time recording and greater traceability.
Several avenues were considered by company, including:
- barcode scanning systems;
- stock taking systems; and
- Sage stock control bar code systems.
- Stock tracking;
- Raw material costing;
- Labour actual time;
- Entirely paperless and cloud based;
- Increased traceability; and
- Improved production and usage efficiency.
The new system has enabled the client to:
- Better analyse their finances as a result of real time data on job costs per tyre manufactured;
- Have greater insight and control over production performance, raw material costs and asset management on a per tyre basis; and
- Produce real time data, productivity tracking and monitoring and, as it is cloud based, maintain a bespoke record keeping database – ensuring an entirely paperless system.
Our client has experienced the benefits of both this fantastic digital system as well as from receiving R&D Tax Credits because of the innovation they showed to improve their processes. After a 30 minute free consultation with Amas, the qualification for R&D Tax Credits was identified. Following our processes, the client’s claim was submitted and accepted within six weeks of submission.